cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to Set up an SPA122 ATA by connecting it to a Huawei Router which is connected to my NBN modem via ethernet Cable

Hi,
I am new to setting up the SPA122 ATA device and I am having some issues:

I am wanting to replace my existing router linking my network to the NBN (broadband) modem as I want to move to a Netgear Nighthawk router but it does not have a VOIP port like the Haewei HG659. Unfortunately my connection attempts have not been successful. 

Thinking that this may because of  hardware issues that I am using I thought that I would ask  the community.

My network consists of:

• Broadband modem
  • Huawei Router with connects to additional:
  • Routers and well as desk tops and laptops directs via ethernet or wifi connections
  • Telephone syste is a Uniden wireless system with the base station connected via standard phone cable to the entry point (currently Huawei, but want to move it to the SPA122

When I connect the devices, I can see that the following lights are green without blinking.

• System
  • Phone 1
  • Internet

When I pick up one of my Uniden hand sets and press the talk button, the 4th light comes up green, but remains blinking.  I cannot hear any dial tone on the phone.

I have tried to get to the web page but the SPA122's default web page is not available.

I tried using the Uniden hand set to to try the IVR codes, but that connection does not seem to work either.

What I a trying to understand is if I am am trying to set up the SPA122 with a hardware environment that it is not compatiable with either connecting directly to a router rather that a PC or where the Uniden wireless handsets are an issue, even thoughthe base station is connected by cable.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Cheers

David

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Start with this:

I have tried to get to the web page but the SPA122's default web page is not available.

You need to have access to SPA122 configuration and status. Remember the configuration is reachable from LAN side of SPA122 only (by default). It's matter of wiring and IP addresses configuration. Follow administrators guide. In doubts ask your local network administrator for help.

Once you will have access to configuration AND SPA112 will have working connection to your upstream network and SIP provider, you can continue. Remember, if there's NAT on the path, it needs to be SIP-friendly. Verify the SPA122 can register to your VoIP provider. We can continue with other issues (if there will be some) then.