Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 500 Switch Port Doubt

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a small doubt.The Switch ports which we having in UC 500 is  either L2 or L3..Why  i am asking is this one of our client is intrested  to move on  Cisco UC 500 and they are having central site 40 users and  in remote only 4users.Already they are using Nortel PBX in Central site.  Remote site is a new branch and currently they dont have any network  setup there and they are not intrested to spent more money on remote site.

So I suggested the following...

Central Site

=============

UC560-T1E1-K9   (So it will support Max 138 users ....but my questions whether I need  to order extra PVDM for this ..becase on Dynamic Configuration tool i  dont find any PVDM included on this UC Bundle and there is no option for  Configuring PVDM??Or by default PVDM will come alomg with UC 500 Bundle?.

They are having  switch connected to firewall in the existing set up with central site.

Branch Site

=========

uc540W-FXO-K9....  only 4 users will be there at remote site ...so i suggested to take  analog connection.The connection between Central site and remote site  will be MPLS (either L2 or L3 not decided...).They wont have any router  and switch in remote.

My question is

1)Whether we can terminate the MPLS connection in remote site with the use of UC 540?

2)Do I need to order additional PVDM as customer has existing PRI with 30 chanels?

Thanks in advance....

Nithin.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

The UC500 series come with PVDM and UE already installed.

You will need an E1 VWIC card for the PRI.

You should be able to terminate the MPLS on the UC500 without problems -- though it depends on the handoff -- it needs to be an ethernet handoff. Usually when we have more than one "WAN" connection coming in, we make one of the switchports a member of a new VLAN and use that port as a second WAN port. You just need to make sure you set for ACLs and static routes appropriately.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

The UC500 series come with PVDM and UE already installed.

You will need an E1 VWIC card for the PRI.

You should be able to terminate the MPLS on the UC500 without problems -- though it depends on the handoff -- it needs to be an ethernet handoff. Usually when we have more than one "WAN" connection coming in, we make one of the switchports a member of a new VLAN and use that port as a second WAN port. You just need to make sure you set for ACLs and static routes appropriately.

Thank you very much for your reply Daniel.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: