Helpful
Replies

UC 560 - Voicemail Broadcast

aldobson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Still fairly new to this UC560.

We have a potential customer that has a Mitel system and the only thing that is stopping us putting a system in is this one feature.

Just wondering if anyone has done this on a UC560.

Not sure if we are calling it right however the customer calls a to one number (extension) and leaves a in everyones voicemail that belongs to that group.

Right now it is everyone group.

So each extension (voicemail) has the same message.

I hope I have explained it correctly.

Please help.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

The UC500 can't distribute the one voicemail to multiple mailboxes but you do have a couple options. 

1.  Setup a general delivery mailbox, where eveyone can access one mailbox to hear the same message

2.  Setup a dummy email account that forwards all email's to a group of people.

For that extension, set the voicemail to email address to be the dummy group delivery email address.  When anyone leaves a message for that extenson, everyone in that group will get it.

Thanks Marcus,

Yes we have already mentioned these options and it will not be an option for the customer.

We have called cisco support and they seem to think you can do it through cli but will not support it.

Any thoughts on this?

Well, I have set this up in call manager using call handlers and distribution lists.  CUE/UC500 doesn't make use of call handlers so I don't see a way to make this process automated.  CUE/UC500 does have distribution lists but the user would need to forward that message to the list after he got the message.

Thanks,

We have tried several steps and we are almost there.

We have created a distribution list and it works fine.

Now what I would like to do is create a speed dial/fast dial that would automate this.

We have tried. ex. 399 "pasword" #2##9998### however the speed dial will not work.

Any thoughts?

Hi Marcus,

Also wanted to mention you and TEE Team have done a great job on the "Steps to Success" speadsheet.

Do you use a document template for the "Call Flow Process" that you could share?

We have been looking for something for awhile now.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Thank you and I am very happy to see that partners make use of it. The call flow section was created using SmartArt tab in MS word.  I found that using Visio or other programs had so many options that I would spend too much time on the details.  SmartArt was simple and to the point.

Marcus sorry to be a pain but maybe we are missing something.

We have the excel spreadsheet and don't see any word documents.

Do you have a sample of one that you did in this.

Thanks

Here you go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: