cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 Fax support single FXO line

aburrows
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know what fax support is available wih the UC320W?  In particualr I am referring to distintive ring.

What I have is a service with Bell Canada where the single business FXO phone line has two numbers associated with it.  One number for the fax, and one number for the voice.  Only one device can use the line at the same time, however it is currently possible to route the inbound call based on the number to the correct device.  Ideally I would like to connect the fax to the FXS port on the back of the UC320.

Regards,

Alex

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alex,

I could be wrong but I do not believe the UC320 can do what you are asking for, here in Australia it is called Fax Duet which allows for more than one service on the same line with different numbers and also a different tone being generated by the carrier, most faxes can detect this tone and know the call is for it

The other thing is that the Cisco does not see the A number being presented only the B number, so if you had that particular line carry more than one number the UC will not identify it, only the line in which the call came in on and the B number that is being presented (The far end user).

NOTE: ISDN is different though, but this is not an ISDN service unless you are using the ISDN add-on which then my response is all wrong

I hope I am wrong so there is a solution for you, but I have this feeling I'm not, unless I have totaly miss-understood your requirements, which does tend to happen a little with me

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi Alex,

UC320W currently doesn't support configurable route based on distinctive ring on your FXO.  Also, if FAX is business critical, we are recommending to customers to dedicate an FXO line to the Fax.

Regards,

Jeff

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

You could possibly consider using a splitter to split the cable into two. One end goes to FXO port on the 320 and the other to FAX machine. So you could use the FXO for outbound calling. However all inbound calls should go to the fax machine.

Hi all,

Thank you for all the responses.  Going to try the splitter option and see how it works.

Regards,

Alex