Replies

UC320w: support for Belgium

fhelding
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I replaced my SPA9000 which recently died and was working perfectly,

with a UC320.

I'm just using the 4 FXO lines, with 6 SPA508G phones.

Main issues today:

- Dial plan: I tuned the system on France which blocks calling local landlines. I need to use the international number format to call someone, which is not user friendly. Is there any PMF available, support for other countries on the roadmap?

- Voicemail: When the voicemail service is triggered, the end of the call is not detected. As such the VM box fills up quickly, wth 10 minutes and 1 second messages. Those are often empty messages, with a dual tone from the operator. The FXO line also stays busy for 10 min 1 sec, severly impacting the business of my SMB customer since the communication quality has decresed. Messages are lost, lines are busy.

I already tried tuning the FXO lines, upgraded to latest release candidate 2.3.1(14). Not Better.

Is there any way to fix the above quickly?

Regards,

Frédéric

7 Replies 7

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Frédéric

I will have to check on Belgium dial plan support. We have a support group from Belgium that I can get assistance from.

There are some PMF’s we built to assist with long duration voice mails. Can you run one test and have a user leave a voice mail and press # key at the end. That should signal the VM to end the message. Please let me know if the messages are shorter in length than 10 min. I will check on what PMF’s are available to release the fxo lines quicker.

Thanks,

Randy

Hi Randy,

You're right,

pressing the # key at the end of the message correctly stops the message recording and releases the line.

However, a "normal" user never presses the key, he just hangs up.

Regards,

Frédéric

jean.himpe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm also waiting for the dial-plan for Belgium(for the UC320W).

Any idea when it will be available?

Thanks,

Jean

Hi Jean,

There are no plans to develop a region pack for Belgium at this time.

Regards,

Chris

fhelding
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Christopher,

This doesn't soud really positive.

If you don't provide it, can you at least give access to CLI or another tool to build it?

Seems Randy was talking about a support Team for Belgium here above...

Note there's also no answer on the voicemail issue I descibed previously. Can you help on that one...?

Rgds,

Fred

Hi Fred,

The UC320W should not have been on any price lists or orderable for Belgium.  Belgium is not a supported region.  Suggest that you contact your distributor for a refund.  There is no CLI access in the UC320W.

The voicemail issue sounds like a disconnect tone issue.  If you are using a different region than your country the system may be looking for a different disconnect tone than what is used in Belgium.  You might look at the UC500 for more regional support.

Chris

Seems to me Cisco has no replacement offering for the SPA9000 :-(

The only solution seems to search on ebay for a SPA9000 spare, or repair the one I have.

As a CCIE, I'm really surprised by the lack of support Cisco provides on its SMB products. It's most probably the last time I'm pushing Cisco into such markets.

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: