Views
Helpful
Replies

uc520, cca and manual changes

pamirian76
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I've been working with cisco hardware for 15 years. very used to cli and you can always do more with cli than any gui.

I got recently a uc520, works ok it's mostly me not being familiar with it.

I configured manually sslvpn, installed a certificate and such. it was all working good until I tried to configure the phone portion using CCA. I was getting all sorts of Java related erros.

after doing some reasearch it seems that I can not do manual changes to the device because CCA doesn't like it.

is that true? does it mean this box is mainly my phone system and I should just have a 800 doing my sslvpn with the latest anyconnect and such?

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Generally speaking, you can't mix CCA and CLI. The reason for that is CCA writes the CLI configs in a very specific way. Unless you duplicate the configurations exactly the way CCA expects it to appear, CCA will not be able to read your manual configuration.

You can continue to use the UC as your router/firewall/VPN appliance, you will just have to do the phone configurations through CLI as well.

You can do the SSLVPN configuration in CCA as well, but at this point to use CCA again, you would probably have to factory reset the config, and start over using only CCA.

Thanks,

-john

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Generally speaking, you can't mix CCA and CLI. The reason for that is CCA writes the CLI configs in a very specific way. Unless you duplicate the configurations exactly the way CCA expects it to appear, CCA will not be able to read your manual configuration.

You can continue to use the UC as your router/firewall/VPN appliance, you will just have to do the phone configurations through CLI as well.

You can do the SSLVPN configuration in CCA as well, but at this point to use CCA again, you would probably have to factory reset the config, and start over using only CCA.

Thanks,

-john

Thanks John.