Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 display (System time) speeds up.

Hello Cisco faithful.

We have a customer with a UC520 (8 user).  They complain almost monthly that the time on the phones speeds up.  Say the PC says "1:20"  the phone will say "1:28".  I have synced the UC to a local computer and assigned it as the NTP.  This still happens.

Any ideas why?  Is there a better time server to attach to for time?

Thank you, Paul

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sync the UC500 to public NTP servers. Example

ping 0.us.pool.ntp.org

ping 1.us.pool.ntp.org

and use the resulting addresses

ntp server x.x.x.x

ntp server z.z.z.z

This worked for me on the UC560

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Please see the rest of the conversation in this thread. 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3479944#3479944

*Clock is unsynchronized, stratum 16, no reference clock*

Statum 16 is way way down on the list of NTP servers.  You are getting your time from the 16th server in the pool.  I would choose a different pool or different server.  You should be pulling your time from a stratum 8 server at maximum.  BTW stratum 16 is the last server in the pool so it might not even be responding to your requests.

You know I overlooked something in your configuration.  I would try setting up your UC500 to be a peer.  I have run into issues like this with different IOS versions

ntp peer 64.90.182.55 normal-sync minpoll 4 maxpoll 8 iburst

This command will make the router act as a peer and sync up with the NTP server instead waiting for the NTP server to broadcast the time.

Min Poll and Max Poll refer to how long the router should wait before polling the NTP server.  iburst makes the router sync up the time in seconds if the server is not responsive.