cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uc520 email notification with exchange 2010

majid omeir
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all thank for ur support and really enablement lab specially help us a lot,

My question is regarding the email notification ,my setup is I have 2 3750 switch in stack connected to uc520 in trunk ,and exchange 2010 connected to the switch ,the voice vlan is 20 and interface vlan ip 192.168.40.1 and email server 192.168.70.100 I can ping from both side means from exchange server to uc520 and uc520 to exchange or in other way from192.168.70.100 to 192.168.40. and vice versa  the problem after configuring the email notification I can not  get any email notifcation althought all configuration are right  ,

My questions:

In exchange when email comes it wil come from the ip 192.168.40.1 why I am asking so I can add receive connector form this ip in exchange to allow receiving email or uc520 use other ip

How can I test connectivity between  uc520 and my exchange 2010 server in most application there is button test email but really this feature is missing here so how can I test the connectivity

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

UC520 more specifically uses SMTP.  One way I test authentication is to telnet to the SMTP server with port 25.  Then, you can do an "EHLO" command to make sure it gives a good response.  This is a Microsoft document on how to test SMTP through:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/153119

Also, make sure you can ping the SMTP server from the CUE module itself.

Regards,

Adam Compton

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

UC520 more specifically uses SMTP.  One way I test authentication is to telnet to the SMTP server with port 25.  Then, you can do an "EHLO" command to make sure it gives a good response.  This is a Microsoft document on how to test SMTP through:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/153119

Also, make sure you can ping the SMTP server from the CUE module itself.

Regards,

Adam Compton

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: