cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 - hunt group timeout resets

John Haynes
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with a UC540 system configured with a hunt group for 4 of the users. The hunt group is sequential and the timeout is set at 25 seconds. Approximately once a week the customer calls me to have me reset the timeout back to 25 seconds because the system defaults to 8 seconds. I've even tried manually saving the config via CCA and it never sticks for more than a week.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

abillington
Level 1
Level 1

seen exactly the same issue at a site and working on it today: whenever Office Manager used to move people in or out of groups, the group is rebuilt at an 8 second timeout. Fix in testing is use clogin and a command file that does

conf t

ephone-hunt X

timeout 25,25

wr

It's been working manually most of today, and is now set to run every hour. Will update this thread tomorrow.

HTH

Andy

View solution in original post

actually, any reason for not doing this in EEM ?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

abillington
Level 1
Level 1

seen exactly the same issue at a site and working on it today: whenever Office Manager used to move people in or out of groups, the group is rebuilt at an 8 second timeout. Fix in testing is use clogin and a command file that does

conf t

ephone-hunt X

timeout 25,25

wr

It's been working manually most of today, and is now set to run every hour. Will update this thread tomorrow.

HTH

Andy

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue, but it still doesn't make sense to me. Why does it reset?

Thanks for the work around. I'll look into it and see if it's something we can implement at this site.

sorry delayed reply, got a day off yesterday

The workaround works, cron job runs hourly (customer ok with that) and it's been fine for a day and a half now.

Looking at the config, it looks like Office Manager - and possibly CCA? - redefines the groups when you make a change. It doesn't do the change you want, it defaults everything then applies changes - and if you change something OM doesn't offer an option for (like inter-agent timeout), too bad.

That's not exactly user-friendly.

Looking at other options for fixing this. In the meantime, also playing - sorry, experimenting - with same approach to get agent HLog status and aux-numbers.

Andy

actually, any reason for not doing this in EEM ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: