Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560- 800 & 600 Call issue

nabil_mdn1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a UC-560 Box and for some reason it doesnt allow any 800 or 600 numbers above 7 digits and is matching the wrong dial-peer. I have tried all from my side but in vein.

For example if I dial 800200200 it will auomatically translate to 8002002 and which is not desired.

I am attaching the configuration file above.

7 Replies 7

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

The isssue is that you have 7-digit dial-peers that are getting matched when trying to dial that/those numbers.  I would guess that when you call an 800 or 600 number, the call is matching one of the following dial-peers: 304, 310, 311, or 312, depending on their preference, and availablility.

When dialing out, the system is going to check for a matching dial-peer after every digit pressed.  As soon as a dial-peer is matched, it will try to send the call.  This is why it is not accepting the last 2 digits of your number.  The only way around this would be to put a "T" after the dial-peers mentioned, (which would cause them to wait for the interdigit timer before the call is sent.) or use a different leading digit instead of the "9" so that the number wouldn't match those dial-peers.

Thank you,

Darren

Hi Darren,

But how come its matching the wrong dial-peer when I have a specific dial-peer for 800 number. In-fact the dial-peer for 800 number is having a better preference also.

This is completely against the noemal logic and is what confuses me .

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In which country are you installing this ?

Each country will require a different configuration of 'dial plan', also in most cases is possible to avoid use of an access digit.

Hi Paolo,

I am in UAE & unfortunately customer doesn't want to remove the "9" access code.

The dialplan for UAE is very simple

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_the_United_Arab_Emirates

You will need some destination-pattern to have T, as not all numbers conforms to the above.

Remember that letting customers not adopt good practices.. is a bad practice

Hi Paolo,

Thank you for the response but unfortunately its not about the dial-plans as you suggested. I have setup all dialplans properly ncluding 9T) and is working fine (you can go through the configuration file I have attached). As suggested by Darren my 9800200200 is hitting a wrong dial-peer for some reason & I am trying to investigate & fix this behaviour.

Hello,

The reason it is matching the wrong dial-peer, (or at least not the one you want, because it is not wrong.) is because of how dial-peers are matched.

CME will look for a matching dial-peer after every digit dialed, on outgoing calls.  So, when you have dial-peers with destination patterns like:

1. destination-pattern 9[2-9]......$

2. destination-pattern 9800200200

When you dial 9800200200, it will match dial-peer 1, before you are able to enter the last two digits for dial-peer 2.  Since it found a match, it will immediately try to send the call.  The only time the more specific dial-peer match would come into play, or the preference, is if the destination-patterns were of the same lenth, and it matched both after the last digit.  When you dialed 98002002 it found a match in dial-peer 1, and it is the most specific in this case, since the digits dialed do not match dial-peer 2 yet, without the last two digits.  And like I mentioned, it is not going to wait for more digits, it will immediately try to send the call, using dial-peer 1.

I hope that helps,

Darren