cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoiceMail and Auto Attendants failed after upgrade to 8.2.0

jbarrow
Level 1
Level 1

I've just completed a seemingly successful upgrade to 8.2.0 software pack (all indicators completed successfully and the system restarted as expected. This is where the problem comes in, none of the AA's seem to work, Direct Extension dialing from the AA doesn't forward me to a mailbox, nor does the VM functionality work any longer. No message waiting lights or abitlity to log into the VM from my phone. Anyone else have this issue after upgrade? More apropo, any way to fix it easily?

Jeff

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jeff,

Just did the upgrade on the office UC-560 this morning, hit the same problem, but a reload fixed it

Steve is right, it takes between 8-10 minutes for CUE to boot and settle, then try to log in with CCA, before that CCA will get all agro and up in your face about the CUE not being in a happy place.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

Hi,

It's possible you hit the same problem I did see -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2097265?tstart=0

Session through to the Unity module

show run - and look for the cca application and the dtmf type. I think you'll see rtp-nte

exit out of unity and now find the dial-peers for the unity module and compare the dtmf setting - i think yours will be SIP-NOTIFY - i.e. not matching.

The best fix is to change the router config to use rtp-nte as this seams to be the setting now used by CCA3.1

example:

the section of config in unity used to look like this:

ccn subsystem sip

gateway address "10.1.10.2"

dtmf-relay sip-notify

end subsystem

but now Probably

ccn subsystem sip

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

end subsystem

but the router looks like

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

description ** cue voicemail pilot number **

translation-profile outgoing XFER_TO_VM_PROFILE

destination-pattern 39.

b2bua

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.10.1

voice-class sip outbound-proxy ipv4:10.1.10.1 

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

change like this:

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte

Adam

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the status of CUE in the CCA Troubleshooting drawer.

Is it not happy?

If not, open an SSH or Telnet to the UC500 IOS and at an enabled prompth, session to CUE (use tab to complete the words)

'ser int 0/0 session'

Do you by any chance happen to see the prompt hanging with the word "CHOICE"?

If so, hit a question mark and select the option (1 or 2 I think) which reloads CUE.  That should bring it back in 10 minutes (CUE reboot takes a while).

Open a case to have an expert help you, of course is the best advice.

Steve

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jeff,

Just did the upgrade on the office UC-560 this morning, hit the same problem, but a reload fixed it

Steve is right, it takes between 8-10 minutes for CUE to boot and settle, then try to log in with CCA, before that CCA will get all agro and up in your face about the CUE not being in a happy place.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

So thanks Dave and Steve, i did wait somewhat patiently, and message waiting lights came back, AA's started answering phones, thought I was back in business, but.....can't log into VM from dtmf methods, thus can't actually reach extentions either, but can access VM's from phone screen apps! tried recreating AA scripts, no go. Can't seem to get anywhere with this one, will be hitting it again in the AM.  phone loads successfully updated, no errors that are obvious yet. weird, but now troublesome since inbound callers can't reach extensions by any means! seems like the DTMF tones aren't reaching the 520.

No issues with AA or VoiceMail after upgrading our UC540 tonight.

Hi,

It's possible you hit the same problem I did see -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2097265?tstart=0

Session through to the Unity module

show run - and look for the cca application and the dtmf type. I think you'll see rtp-nte

exit out of unity and now find the dial-peers for the unity module and compare the dtmf setting - i think yours will be SIP-NOTIFY - i.e. not matching.

The best fix is to change the router config to use rtp-nte as this seams to be the setting now used by CCA3.1

example:

the section of config in unity used to look like this:

ccn subsystem sip

dtmf-relay sip-notify

end subsystem

but now Probably

ccn subsystem sip

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

end subsystem

but the router looks like

description ** cue voicemail pilot number **

translation-profile outgoing XFER_TO_VM_PROFILE

destination-pattern 39.

b2bua

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.10.1

voice-class sip outbound-proxy ipv4:10.1.10.1 

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

change like this:

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte

Adam

Thanks Guys,

Adam, that was exactly my problem, After I corrected according to your post, all started working as expected. I can now recieve calls again and retrieve my VMail from the consoles.

Now there is only one more problem thats been nagging me for quite a while, relating to Vmail to Exchange 2007 functionality. We have added the IP of UC into our Exchange Server for relaying and setup all the required configurations to unify Vmail with email, but still no luv. I suspect that until we can get this piece working we can't actually get faxing working either. Anything you guys might suggest we try? We've scoured the forums before, but haven't found anything apropo. Thats actually what got us into this trouble yesterday too. It's now become an important option thats necessary to integrate with our CRM for customer management.

Jeff