Views
Helpful
Replies

WIP 310 and Asterisk

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I see alot of threads about the poor quality of the WIP310, but they are old. Can anyone give me an update about these phones? Are they still as unreliable as they seem or does anyone have success with the WIP310?

Thanks,

Eivind

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We have a couple of WIP310s running the latest firmware with asterisk.  The product is certainly not of a high enough quality for us to offer to our customers; firmware seems awfully buggy and phones will randomly drop off the WiFi and lose registration.  Quite often the screen will fail to turn on and require a battery pull.

Although I believe this product has been discontinued?  I would be interested to know what/if they product has been repalced by.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

We have a couple of WIP310s running the latest firmware with asterisk.  The product is certainly not of a high enough quality for us to offer to our customers; firmware seems awfully buggy and phones will randomly drop off the WiFi and lose registration.  Quite often the screen will fail to turn on and require a battery pull.

Although I believe this product has been discontinued?  I would be interested to know what/if they product has been repalced by.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your feedback. I see from the End-of-life announcements from cisco that it will go end of life March 18th 2011. And there´s no replacement as far as I can see.

Thanks,

Eivind

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: