cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect VPN Login Failed

samirshaikh52
Level 2
Level 2

We've deployed WebVPN on Cisco ASA 5540 and its working fine with no trouble in relation to connectivity. My Anyconnect VPN users are able to download the client and connect to our corporate network.However, sometimes when I try to connect after entering the credentials it keeps saying Login failed. What could be reason for that ? Even though my credentials are appropriate. Please advice.

Thanks

Samir

6 Replies 6

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have more than 2 SSL VPN license (either AnyConnect Essential or AnyConnect Premium license) or you are using the default 2 SSL VPN license?

Sometimes, there might already be 2 SSL VPN connections, hence when you try to connect the third connection, there is no license available, hence it says login failed.

Thanks for your reply.

How can I get my licence details ?? So I can post here to give you more infor.

Samir

"show version" will give you the information on how many and/or which SSL VPN license you have.

Then when you have the problem with login, check the output of "show vpn-sessiondb summary", and it will give you an indication how many SSL session is currently on the ASA.

Hello, Can you tell me if I reach the maximum connections?

Licensed features for this platform:
Maximum Physical Interfaces : Unlimited perpetual
Maximum VLANs : 30 perpetual
Inside Hosts : Unlimited perpetual
Failover : Active/Standby perpetual
Encryption-DES : Enabled perpetual
Encryption-3DES-AES : Enabled perpetual
Carrier : Disabled perpetual
AnyConnect Premium Peers : 4 perpetual
AnyConnect Essentials : Disabled perpetual
Other VPN Peers : 50 perpetual
Total VPN Peers : 50 perpetual
AnyConnect for Mobile : Disabled perpetual
AnyConnect for Cisco VPN Phone : Disabled perpetual
Advanced Endpoint Assessment : Disabled perpetual
Shared License : Disabled perpetual
Total TLS Proxy Sessions : 160 perpetual
Botnet Traffic Filter : Disabled perpetual
Cluster : Disabled perpetual

------------------------

1.png

Vadim Semenov
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem because at ASDM ->AnyConnect Client Profile  -> <Client Profile> -> Server List at hostname i mentioned ip address!

Hi Vadim Semenov,

Can you tell me what command is missed during AnyConnect IPsec VPN Configuration. I can not login AnyConnect successfully although my user/pass in LOCAL database is correctly (I use LOCAL database for authentication VPN). You can see logs which is attached in this message:

Thanks you so much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: