cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV260 to IPhone IOS 13 built-in IPsec VPN

Cang_Household
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to Cisco products and commercial networking (I am using it for home, so overkill).

I bought a Cisco RV260 Small Business Router recently and tried to configure its VPN IPSec Client-to-Server to connect with an IPhone's built-in VPN IPsec.

Despite the Client (IPhone) and Server (RV260) can find and talk to each other, I am constantly getting the error message "no IKE config found for [server IP]...[client IP], sending NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN" in VPN logs. I did search online and seem that my encryption types and algorithms are mismatched between the VPN server and client. However, I cannot manually set or check the default encryption types and algorithms used by IPhone's built-in IPSec VPN (this configuration page has Cisco logo?). Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

RV260 does not support AnyConnect, unlike RV345, which has dual-WAN features that I do not need.

Thank you for helping.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello balaji.bandi,

The post you referenced uses PPTP as the protocol, unfortunately that is not an option for me to use PPTP. I have to use IPsec for VPN.

Cang_Household
Level 1
Level 1

This issue is resolved, thanks to a Cisco Small Business service engineer.