Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV345 L2TP VPN - Uncheck Use Default Gateway

CiscoChris
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently setup a client-to-site L2TP VPN Server with radius authentication. When remote clients connect to the L2TP VPN, their internet traffic is routed through the VPN connection.

We would prefer to not route internet traffic through the VPN, and only have internal network traffic routed so remote users can access the servers and printers . 

Normally I would uncheck "Use Default Gateway" in the Win10 VPN TCP/IP Advanced Settings. But when I do that, clients can no longer access the servers and printer through the VPN. 

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hmm, server and printer must access through VPN tunnel ?

Correct. I ran a speed-test on one of the remote laptop's while connected to the VPN. it was only getting 5mb/s up and down. The rv345 has gigabit WAN, so these speeds are not ideal.

Unchecking "use default gateway" usually stops the VPN client from routing internet traffic through the VPN connection.

I have already tried playing around with the rv345 firewall rules and static routes, but I still couldn't get it to work as I intend. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: