Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with VPN Anyconnect client

elena.fischer1
Level 1
Level 1

Good day
I am a student and I use the VPN Anyconnect client from Cisco on a daily basis.
Since the fall of 2021, the CPU usage on my Apple Mac Book is extremely high (over 100%). The reason for this is the Cisco Anyconnect, which is why I had to uninstall it.
As soon as I reinstalled the Cisco Anyconnect, (since I need it to be able to use the SPSS and MAXQDA programs, for example) I had no internet connection again. The only temporary solution was that I was constantly connected to the VPN. This was the only way I had internet access.
Now I did the new OS update to macOS Monterey version 12.2, hoping the laptop would work again even without a VPN connection. Unfortunately, neither the internet worked now and I couldn't get a VPN connection either (it just loaded all the time). For this reason I uninstalled Cisco Anyconnect again.
But since I have to write an SPSS exam soon, I am dependent on an internet connection as well as VPN.
Can you help me further?

Thanks in advance for the quick help!

Kind regards
EF

1 Reply 1

UdupiKrishna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Given you are a student, I would recommend reaching out to your local IT administrator managing this VPN. The failure can be due to several reasons, may be your local machine or the firewall. This needs additional review of logs on your machine and firewall at the same time.

To begin with whats the anyconnect version running on your MAC? This can be cross checked to understand if the anyconnect client version and the macOS is compatible. Next step would be if the firewall you are connecting to supports usage of the anyconnect VPN version that is compatible with your macOS version (only the administrator can confirm this)