cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect with Spectrum (AnyConnect)

atw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have run into an issue with AnyConnect from my home ISP Spectrum where I cannot connect to my company's servers, yet I can both with a hotspot I've been using and another network. I have spent a week on this issue going back and forth between Spectrum's help desk and my company's help desk with no luck so far. Since I can connect via other networks, naturally I'm assuming it to be a problem with Spectrum but at this point I have no idea how to proceed. When I try to connect, I just get an unable to connect message and it tries the backup server, failing there also. When trying VPN troubleshooting it passes both the internet connection check and the ability to connect to my company. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

cumminsjw
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same or a very similar issue at home with Spectrum.  I've had the same laptop (Lenovo) for about 8 months and didn't have any issues until the middle of April.  I've had the same Spectrum service and hardware the whole time and the issue popped up out of the blue.  One week it was fine, the next it wasn't.  Like you, I've also been able to connect to other networks and everything was normal.  I haven't tried the hot spot.  Where our issue differs slightly is that I can actually get connected for very brief periods of time (anywhere from 1-5 min).  In some cases I can even get Outlook open and send an IM (Skype) before I lose connection.  Most of the time I'm not even aware I lost access until I try to send an IM, open an email or open a website.  That's when everything starts lagging and eventually times out.  I never actually lose connection to the VPN network; it consistently shows I'm connected even though I can't send/DL or anything.  To your point, it's like I'm connected but can't send/receive packets.

Tonight I'm going to wire into the modem so that I can see if that changes anything.  I've also been working with my company's help desk and they're saying there isn't much they can do because all signs point to it being a provider issue.  The guy I've been working with from my company's IT sent me the link to this post and I'm going to do some more research myself, along with calling Spectrum again.  The other thing my IT rep mentioned to me was something about "DS-Lite".  The internal thread he sent me mentions a provider named "UPC Broadband".  The issue on the provider's side was DS Lite, which needed to be removed from the account.  That's something I might be able to turn off from within my network settings and I'll check there before calling Spectrum.  I'll let you know if anything ends up fixing the problem, and I'll update this post with other posts I find.

Hey, Sorry to bump an old thread but i have been running into this issue as well! Had to replace my knighthawk modem/router with the spectrum equipment and it worked fine for a year until the vpn updated and now the same issue is back!!!!! How did you go about fixing this issue with DS lite?

SinghRaminder
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this issue where IPv6 is enabled by Spectrum, try disabling the ipv6 on your local machine and then maybe on the Router so you do not have ipv6 dhcp ip. 

Test and let us know here

Thanks

Thanks
Raminder
PS: If this answered your question, please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer

Disabling IPv6 worked for me as well (MacOS 13.3) e.g. System Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Details... (next to your Connected Wifi name) -> TCP-IP -> Configure IPv6 (set the popup menu to Link-Local Only).

Though, the problem with these sorts of solutions is that they only work until the next bug is introduced (or, conversely, are totally ineffective once whatever bug is fixed that was causing IPv6 to be a problem, and the fix in these communities becomes part of the lore around the problem long after said fix is no longer required).  Sigh!