cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can I leave a message for a user without ringing their phone?

sweeneyjoe
Level 1
Level 1

can I leave a message for a user without ringing their phone?   in webex calling?

1 Accepted Solution

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

As simple as transferring a call directly to a VM: simply dial *55 followed by the user's extension.

See https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/5zw7v8/

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

Checked our system as *55 does not let us transfer a call to the voice mail system unless 5 digits are dialed first and then it just places it into the system and the caller still has to input the vm extension they need to reach.  I don't find that very user friendly and if I tried to roll these instructions out the majority of our staff would be confused by it. 

Response Signature

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

@sweeneyjoe , note that this may be different in your environment.  For instance in our organization we have it programmed so callers just have to dial * before the user's 7 digit extension.  The *55 does not work in our environment.

Response Signature

Hi Kathy,  thanks for the reply.    *55  seems to work if we xfer a call to a mailbox,  but doesn't work if we just dial *55 and the number (no xfer involved)    can u tell me where I can enable this,   thanks.   

@Kathy N., do you use Webex' Cloud Calling or UCM Cloud or so? The FACs for WxC are not changeable..

All of our services on our site @dtibbe.

Response Signature

Hi,  we use webex cloud calling

Hi,

*55 feature code is used only for transferring an active call to voicemail. You can't just dial it with the extension. It will not work. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

In that case, I'd suggest to open a tac case because obviously either the help page is wrong or the function itself.

Unfortunately, I'm no more able to test it, so I rely on the documentation 

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

As simple as transferring a call directly to a VM: simply dial *55 followed by the user's extension.

See https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/5zw7v8/

Hi,  *55  seems to work if we xfer a call to a mailbox,  but doesn't work if we just dial *55 and the number (no xfer involved)    can u tell me where I can enable this,   thanks.   

@dsweeny, I mentioned this above as it is configurable in your CUCM.  It would be part of the dial plan that you would need to check for a configuration that would transfer a call directly to voice mail.  In our system, the * key before the number does this for us.

Response Signature

thanks