cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Callling Call Recording

Herryhe89
Level 1
Level 1

Am I able to configure and use my own SIPREC server for call recording with Webex calling? We currently have our own SIPREC server on Broadworks.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

If you are using a LGW, you may configure some magic (packet duplication) in the vCube. But otherwise, Dubber is the recording solution that integrates best with Webex Calling, including starting/stopping from within the app. Dubber Go is even free of charge 

I am not interested in Dubber, for what we need they are very expensive.

Is Dubber the only available Webex calling call recording option? is Cisco supporting other vendors to offer call recording and if so how is it done?

Thanks

WxC is a cloud based solution, so the SIP/RTP traffic is also in the cloud. Dubber is the only solution that is integrated right there and that offeres also a cloud based recording solution.

If you're using a LGW for PSTN connectivity with you Calling site, then you may try configuring SIPREC in the CUBE. It seems to be supported there: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-sip-recording.pdf. Then you just need your own SIPREC-based recoding solution.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.