cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Receiving SMS in a flow

shablair
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a flow configured in my sandbox where I initiate an SMS send via API and the message is sent successfully.  Following the SMS node, I have a Receive node to capture the SMS response that would then go to a Branch node to proceed further.  Based on the debug, the Receive node stays in waiting and the flow stops.  The SMS response is making it to the platform, and I can see it on the Sandbox Home page under the Receive SMS tab.  What could be the cause of the SMS response not making it back into the flow?

1 Accepted Solution

Connect - Tanuj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks. What's the value of n2.customEvent.Number variable? It should contain the country code and the number. E.g., 1XXXXXXXXXX.

Tanuj Goyal
Webex Connect

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Connect - Tanuj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks. What's the value of n2.customEvent.Number variable? It should contain the country code and the number. E.g., 1XXXXXXXXXX.

Tanuj Goyal
Webex Connect

n2.customEvent.Number is the E.164 number of the device receiving and sending the SMS.  For testing purposes, I removed the leading '+' from the string in the API request and that ended up working.  I thought I had read somewhere that the '+' is needed but it seems to work ok in this configuration.

Connect - Tanuj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @shablair - Can you share a copy of the receive node configuration? Sharing an example for your reference. 

ConnectTanuj_0-1666640189628.png

Tanuj Goyal
Webex Connect

Hi @TAN I have attached my receive node configuration.