cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get Webex API release Number (42.9 42.10 42.10..) with API ?

boris.bayle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to get Webex API release Number (42.9 42.10 42.11) with Webex API.

My concern is to run automatically some internal tests on my app when a new Webex API release is available.

(And avoid bad experiences due to new update..)

Note : API changelog does not mention the API release number.. which is also not easy for us to follow... https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/changelog

thank you for your help

boris

1 Accepted Solution

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@boris.bayle we do not have a public API to get the release version of a Webex site. You can check the same in Control Hub, if you select the site you are looking for and then select Site Information. It will look something like this. The page version is an indicator of what the API version might be:

JanosBenyovszki_0-1666346567561.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

boris.bayle
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I found it. this is still available if we  do not use "new site management".

2022-12-02_11h00_56.png

boris.bayle
Level 1
Level 1

hi @Janos Benyovszki , I am sad that this information has disappeared on my sandbox !

see screenshot below.

2022-12-02_10h41_15.png

Do you know if this information could be find anywhere else?

Andy Chen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may be able to find the Version information you're looking for in the ↓ Downloads web page.

boris.bayle
Level 1
Level 1

@Janos Benyovszki , thank you.

it will help us.

On my side, I created a new sandbox and I have the version 42.10.5.7

On my old sandbox I do not have the meeting menu on left panel. So I can not get the version of the organization. (Basic meeting option seems obsolete..)

Is there other way to get the version attached to the Webex organization or Webex Site?

Other question : When Webex is deploying a new release(42.10.5.8 for example),  is it done organization by organization or site by site? or all organizations at the same time(US, EMEA, APAC)?

Thank you for help

The only way to see the version that your meeting site is on is through the site information page that Janos mentioned. Releases are done by cluster and you can see what cluster your site is on on the site information page as well. The Status page has a calendar that shows what clusters are being update on what dates when an update is coming up.

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@boris.bayle we do not have a public API to get the release version of a Webex site. You can check the same in Control Hub, if you select the site you are looking for and then select Site Information. It will look something like this. The page version is an indicator of what the API version might be:

JanosBenyovszki_0-1666346567561.png

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.