cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Meetings on Surface Go - Windows 10 in S mode

adamscheblein
Level 1
Level 1

I've been playing with the Surface Go and am unable to get into WebEx meetings. It runs Win 10 "in S mode" which means you can't run any apps outside of the Microsoft Store.

I click on the meeting link in an invite and get this page in Edge:

2018-08-06_11-48-28.png

Then I click on the download button and get the .exe. I click on the .exe and get this dialog:

2018-08-06_11-51-37.png

So, at this point, no WebEx Meetings are possible on Win 10 "in S mode" devices.

This is an ask of Cisco to publish the WebEx Meetings app to the Microsoft Store.

1 Accepted Solution

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @adamscheblein ,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Webex Community. We are glad to have you here, my friend!

I personally do not have a PC, but a colleague of mine who does ran into the same thing. She said all you will need to do is change the settings in Windows 10 to allow apps from anywhere to install. Here is the supporting documentation - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-your-app-recommendation-settings-in-windows-10-f21b5c60-e996-4ee4-c2cf-b4a90c0bef9b

Let me know if this helps.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @adamscheblein ,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Webex Community. We are glad to have you here, my friend!

I personally do not have a PC, but a colleague of mine who does ran into the same thing. She said all you will need to do is change the settings in Windows 10 to allow apps from anywhere to install. Here is the supporting documentation - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-your-app-recommendation-settings-in-windows-10-f21b5c60-e996-4ee4-c2cf-b4a90c0bef9b

Let me know if this helps.

Response Signature