Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

enable video in WebEx-Training Break-out sessions

Hello,

is there a way to enable video in WebEx Training Breakout-sessions? As we´re planning a web-conference with WebEx-Training where we want to split the group in four break-out sessions we found out, that videos are not working during these break-out sessions. Is this tecnically not possible or just a questions of the right set up for the WebEx-Training-Session?

Kind regards, Johannes 

5 Replies 5

heuveb
Level 1
Level 1
I have the same question!

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Video is currently not available in Training Center - Breakout Rooms. I suspect this might be available in the future with the potential addition of breakout rooms in Webex Meetings, which is a highly requested feature.

Thanks! I had the same question .... this would seem such a basic feature ... I really hope Cisco will get this in place soon!

@Mike_Brezicky is correct, unfortunately.  We discussed this issue with our Cisco partners and they confirmed video is not available when entering breakout rooms.  Furthermore, we also found that when participants leave the breakout room and rejoins the main room, they have to actively turn their video back on.

From what I understand, there will be a complete refresh of WebEx Meetings/Training around September/October of this year that will address all of this.  As @Mike_Brezicky  notes below, it may be a "potential addition of breakout rooms in Webex Meetings", which would work for us to finally stop our users from asking for a corporate Zoom account.

September/October cannot come soon enough ... thinking hard about Zoom as well ... Cisco better get this done asap!