cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I change the 'Space Name' of an existing Group Team Space?

jusakai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I created a space but apparently did not name it anything specific, so it's listed as 'General.'

I don't have access to update the 'Space Name', but it seems I have access to 'Upload Picture' and 'Cover Image'

jusakai_0-1702584470169.png

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

The General Space is a default space created when a Team is created.  It sounds like that is how this space was created and you can't rename that space but you can create other spaces under that team and change their name.  If you are creating this to share with others, I recommend you don't share the General space with anyone and just create a new space under that team. 

If you don't need the space to be included in a Team grouping, you can create an ad-hoc space by clicking on the Plus Sign in the Circle at the top of the Webex app just to the right of the search box.

Hopefully this answers your question but please update this post with more details if not.  

Response Signature

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

The General Space is a default space created when a Team is created.  It sounds like that is how this space was created and you can't rename that space but you can create other spaces under that team and change their name.  If you are creating this to share with others, I recommend you don't share the General space with anyone and just create a new space under that team. 

If you don't need the space to be included in a Team grouping, you can create an ad-hoc space by clicking on the Plus Sign in the Circle at the top of the Webex app just to the right of the search box.

Hopefully this answers your question but please update this post with more details if not.  

Response Signature