Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Refer to the following Cisco.com articles for recommendations for AireOS software running on Wireless LAN Controllers:

Use the discussion thread below for any questions.

Comments
Toivo Voll
Level 1
Level 1

CCO still recommends 8.0.110.0 for WiSM2s for me. Are these builds we should just go to if we run into issues, or is Cisco going to move the recommended / gold star designation to 8.0.110.9 from 8.0.110.0 imminently?

slilley
Level 5
Level 5

One suggestion: How about making these versions easily downloadable right here?

Release notes are nice, but I want the images too.  :-)  And without spending 20-30 minutes on the phone with TAC to open a case, associate my ID to the new WLC, explain myself to a TAC engineer, etc.  That's at least 30 minutes of time.

Regards,
Steve

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are no plans at present to post 8.0.110.9 to CCO for direct download, sorry.

Aaron

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
And without spending 20-30 minutes on the phone with TAC to open a case

Send an email to TAC with the following information:  CCO login and WLC S/N. 

In the email, tell them explicitly that you want TAC to publish, for you, the firmware 7.6.130.24 and/or 8.0.110.9 and then point to this website.  

No need to tell them your "story".  This is what I (always) do and I will get an email about the download details very quickly.

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Thank you Aaron for sharing special release information with community user, appreciated +5 :-)

Hi Aaron,

Does the escalation release code 7.6.130.26 have the fix for Ghost Vulnerability?

Thanks,

VD

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi VD,

I assume that you are talking about this one:

CSCus69513    wlc: Evaluation of glibc GHOST vulnerability - CVE-2015-0235

I believe that this was fixed in the following builds:

7.6.130.24 8.0.110.9 8.0.115.2

(in addition to those listed in this bug's release notes), but I am not sure ... I'm checking with development.

Best,

Aaron

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VD, we've updated this bug CSCus69513 to indicate which builds it is fixed in: 7.4.140.0, 8.1.102.0, 7.6.130.24, 8.0.110.9, 8.0.115.2, 7.0.252.0.

So, yes, it is fixed in 7.6.130.26.

Regards,

Aaron

phil.wightman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aaron,

Very nice to see code recommendations straight from the team that deals with the flux of issues. You are always a trusted source. Thank you!

Would you happen to know if and when the MIC Expiration 'Bug' CSCuq19142 will be resolved in the 8.0 train? Word is that it is included in 8.0.120 scheduled for release early July. 

Thanks,

Philip Wightman

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil, yes the MIC expiration workaround CSCuq19142 will be in 8.0MR2 which should be on CCO in a month or two.  If you can't wait, you can get it via the 8.0.115.x "MR2beta", available now via https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12492986/80mr2-beta-availability (or for that matter, the fix is in 8.1, although that's rather pointless, because none of the affected APs are supported in 8.1 ...)

Cheers,

Aaron

Florin Barhala
Level 6
Level 6

Any recent news about what 8.x version should I use? I need to add two 1700 series on my current infrastructure.

Thanks!

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Florin, TAC's current recommendation at the moment is 8.0.110.11, as seen above.  It is likely that we will update the recommendation later this week.  So watch this space :)

Best,

Aaron

Toivo Voll
Level 1
Level 1

Just my quick 2 cents -- do not use 8.0.110.11 if you're using sleeping clients and guest anchors. There's a bug that causes frequent controller crashes (ours crashed twice a week). I have a case open and it's confirmed to be a software defect, but I haven't been given a bug ID yet. This is with WiSM2s as foreign controllers and 5508s as anchors.

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Toivo, this is CSCuu46611 (Crash on anchor controller with sleep clients configured).  As of right now, yours is the only known customer case that has encountered this bug.

Best,

Aaron

Toivo Voll
Level 1
Level 1

We're special :-) Thank you for looking at it (and giving us the bug ID!)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: