cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring WAP 240AC & 140AC

Len Levin
Level 1
Level 1

I have two brand new WAPs, 240AC & 140AC.

Using a browser with an IP address, I can go thru the start page, setting up a user, static IP address and Wireless SSD/Passphrase.  When I click the "Apply" button, I get the 'Reboot' message then I get this error message. "Error in setting system name".  I get the same results on both WAPs.

I am using a Mac with macOS 12.1.  I have used both safari and Firefox.  I have used a different system also running macOS 12.1.

I have not found anything that indicates what the issue is.  Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Len

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What is the value of the system name(s) that you are trying to use ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

There aren't any entry fields named "System Name".  The closet is Master AP Name.  I am entering an 8 characters. alpha/numeric only with some uppercase, no spaces.

Len

- Sounds correct , if no further inputs are received here you may want to create a TAC case : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !