Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP571 : wrong Country Code broadcasted

darthrider
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I purchased a WAP571-E-K9 access point in France from a French retailer. It is running the latest available firmware : version 1.0.0.17.

The device is running fine but broadcasts a wrong Country Code : AT (for Austria) instead of FR (for France). This is a problem because the AP may be using wrong regulation rules and may lead the clients to do so. This may be illegal since the usage of WiFi frequencies is slightly different across different countries, even in Europe. I found no way to change that in the GUI.

Things are stranger when having a look to the configuration file (config.xml) saved to a PC:

<country-code-is-configurable>on</country-code-is-configurable>
<country>de</country>

The first line shows that the Country Code should be configurable and the second one that the broadcasted Country Code should be DE (for Germany) and this is not the case.

Of course, I have already tried to hard reset the device but without any success.

So, please, is there any way to fix this problem or will it be fixed in a future firmware release?

Best regards.

4 Replies 4

steverack
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue with a WAP571E-E-K9 (outdoor version), which I bought from a German online store.

When looking at the configuration file, it shows country code 'dj', which stands for Djibouti; not sure how to change this to 'de' and what implications this would have if it were left as is.

It would be great if someone could shed some light into this.

I have already tried to change the Country Code in the config.xml file (with Unix vi and with TextEdit on a Mac) and to upload it back to the AP. I don't know if it changes the AP interval behaviour but, in my case, the broadcasted Country Code remains AT.

This is very annoying because, for a large number of countries including, but not limited to, Europe, the reference is WAP571-E-K9 or WAP571E-E-K9 and, as far as I know, there is no way to determine the precise country the AP is intended for.

Hi alltogether,

is there a fix for this issue? I'm using the most current firmware 1.0.1.11 and the WAP571 always uses regulatory domain AT (for austria) which is plain wrong as I'm located in Germany. Every other wifi device I've available has this either correct or is configurable, only the WAP571 always uses AT.

Regards.

Carsten

I experience the same problem with two WAP581 devices: their country code is set to DE, while I am in NL.

This causes intermittent connections on some client devices, as they are switching back and forth between regulatory domains.