cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800-L WLC Guest Portal

sejamc71
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry this is a bit long, but wanted to provide some details on my design.

I have 5 regional offices. All APs at the remote offices are in Flex Configuration. I have a Guest WLan and use ACLs on my Cisco Routers/L3 switches to isolate the traffic. The APs in the local office are in local mode and I also have a Guest WLan at the local office and use the same ACLs to isolate the traffic from our production subnets. Each Guest VLan is routed out to the sites ADI circuit and not back to the controller. Currently, I am just using a PSK, that I change every month, as the authentication method. It gets updated on an internal Help-Desk page which all employees have access to so they can connect their personal devices, test machines or vendor equipment to. I would like to look at setting up the Guest Portal function on my Cisco 9800-L so employees and guests could just go to the Portal Page, type in a name or their name, and just get on our free guest network when needed. I'd like it to be secure, but am not looking to make it overly complexThere are a ton of resources out there and each of them are a bit different on how to do it. Has anyone done this before, what did you use and will it work with my remote offices? Thanks for any direction.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do that on the webauth on the controller, but there are only certain options you have, webauth, authbypass, consent and web consent.  So take a look at this link for more info and see if one of these options works for you.  Keep in ming that you can also use a custom page and do whatever you want on it, like ask for the user name, but they can type whatever and that will not be captured on the controller.  

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/217457-configure-and-troubleshoot-external-web.html 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card