cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Captive Portal - AUP - Help

Stacey Hummer
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a solution to an issue I'm having. I currently have a 5520 WLC that has a SSID for a hotspot on it. I have tried to setup a captive portal page for users to simply accept the AUP. As soon as they agree they get access to the internet. My issue is I have it directed at the ISE server and from what I can tell the redirect isn't working to provide the page. Instead of going through a great deal of pain continuing to find a solution to the ISE redirect not working I was wondering if the controller has a simple captive portal page. 

If I turn on the MAC authentication that redirects to the ISE server and a user connects to the Hotpsot some get a AUP page but when the click on the accept it doesn't get the new DACL. This prevents the users from getting to the internet. Others, usually Android devices don't even get the redirect. If I go into the controller and drill down into the specific device I find the redirect link. I copy that into my browser and click the accept, and the user can surf after that. 

I am working remotely so getting assistance with testing onsite is very limited. I was wondering if there is some way the controller can provide a AUP just to cover our ..... well you know?

So, currently running 5520 WLC, with 50 access points, 2 ISE servers that are used for 802.1x for domain devices as well as auth for wireless devices. Further to this the firewall is a PA-850. If you can see some sort of solution and could provide some insite into the issue that would be great.

Thanks for any assistance/advice.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It seems like you might not have your acl's on the controller correctly defined.  Since you are using ISE, my suggestion is that you review a few guides and blogs on webauth redirect to ISE and see if you missed something.  Not being able to test as you are remote, will make this hard and very slow.  Just review the guides and double check everything.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: