cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable cisco call home on cisco devices

n_lama
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody kindly help to disable cisco call home and its log information on cisco devices that does not need to connect internet and external world.

3 Replies 3

Rich R
VIP
VIP

@n_lama  disabling it is easy: "no service call-home"
However you will still see it log this every time the device boots:
%CALL_HOME-3-CALL_HOME_FAILED_TO_ENABLE: Failed to enable call-home from Smart Agent for Licensing: The action failed because call home feature is disabled. Please retry after manually enabling call-home feature with "service call-home" under config mode.
You can't stop it doing that but if you really don't want to see that message you can use "logging discriminator" to filter out the message.

n_lama
Level 1
Level 1

@Rich R 

Thank you for your kind reply, I had already tried "no service call-home", the problem is as same as you mentioned, after reboot it will again appeared, and then after I am using logging discriminator. My need is, If possible I just want to disable it permanently, because it does not need internet and external links.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Then you've misunderstood the message.  
"no service call-home" does disable permanently.
The message is because it's disabled.
Smart licensing is mandatory in the latest versions so cannot be disabled.  Smart licensing tries to use it even when configured to use a different method - which is a bug in my opinion but if you want that dealt with you'll have to get TAC to open a bug for it and likely to be classed as cosmetic (very low priority).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card