Helpful
Replies

EWC and C9800CL

murmucka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have an AP C9120axe in EWC mode.

I want to install virtualized 9800CL WLC Controller on hyperv, and set as HA Memeber.

Is it possible, they can work together?

The EWC in the AP is configured yet, hot to add now the 9800 WLC into the configuration? 

TY

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not believe that supported as per i know :

check this guide and limitation :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-1/deployment-guide/c9800-ha-sso-deployment-guide-rel-17-1.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ammahend
VIP
VIP

They can work as primary and secondary but not as HA, for HA you need same set of hardware, software or VM on both pairs. 

-hope this helps-

Follow this guide to complete your EWC configuration. Once set up you can access WLC using different IP to the AP IP itself.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-on-catalyst-access-points/215303-embedded-wireless-controller-conversion.html 

Regarding HA, it is not possible to have EWC and 9800-CL (virtual) in a HA pair. HA only works with the same hardware model(9800-80 or two 9800-40, cannot mix 80 & 40 in HA) or the same virtual models.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Rich R
VIP
VIP

EWC and WLC are not supported on the same vlan.  The AP could work in CAPWAP mode with the WLC.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You can only do HA between same models , albeit virtual or not.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card