Views
Helpful
Replies

EWC SDA on Catalyst 9500

HAT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I m planning to  deploy a Wifi 6 SDA solution that will comprise 2 borders switches with Embedded Wirelless Controllers .

What would be the best way to implement this  assuring that  Wireless controller redundancy is also available . All documentation I

have come across  is only referring into integrating the WC into APs 

Any help will appreciated 

Thanks in advance 

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know many folks whom has deployed this on switches, just being honest and why there are not many responses.  If I were you, I would reach out to your Cisco SE or vendor you use and have then provide you with help either from the SE or from another resource in Cisco.  That would be the fastest route to getting this up so you can test and validated.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

may be my understanding wrong here, but are you looking at EWC on Cat 9500? i do not believe that is supported.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi All 

Thanks for the feed back . I agree , I haven t come across a lot of documentation related to this type of deployment but I believe the feature is supported  . Apparently  EWC can run  on a 9300/9400/9500 .

HAT_0-1677591007636.png

@HAT reach out to your Cisco SE and get the answer straight from them.  I only have found non-SDA, but again most would put in a 9800 controller than use a switch.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/guide-c07-744299.html
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/deploy-guide/cisco-dna-center-sd-access-wl-dg.pdf

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Not that i am aware on Cat 9500.

BB

HAT
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to both 

I might need to speak to our  Cisco SE on that one . But I m quite confident this 

feature is supported although documentation is quite light about it .

HAT_0-1677666932575.png

Thanks 

just reviewed Cisco Live I saw the presentation, and now EWC support on Cat 9500 - sure document is light, I will test later some time on cat 9500 and let you know

balajibandi_0-1678228405491.png

BB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card