cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect ACL - clients being denied unless subnet allowed?

Chris S
Level 1
Level 1

Creating a BYOD policy using ISE and a WLC.  I have everything working except i'm missing something with the FlexConnect ACL defined.

In the attached example, the goal is to allow communication to the ISE servers (172.30.10.81/80) as well as DHCP/DNS and some internal HTTPS servers.  All other Internal blocked - but allow for external HTTP/S. 

If I do not have the Sequence 1 and 2 defined (the local subnets for BYOD), clients hit the rule 19 deny. Any feedback why the local subnets need to be alowed?

2 Replies 2

Chris S
Level 1
Level 1

I think I answered my own question? But I didn't realize FlexConnect ACL's were in both directions - so when the external traffic tried to come back in, if I didn't have the local subnet allowed, it would hit the deny statement and be blocked.

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

FlexConnect ACLs do not support direction per rule. Unlike normal ACLs, Flexconnect ACLs cannot be configured with a direction. An ACL as a whole needs to be applied to an interface as ingress or egress.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-2/config-guide/b_cg82/b_cg82_chapter_010010110.pdf 

Have also seen people slip the flexconnect ACL for this and do it at SVI level of the VLAN if locally switched.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card