cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

his network is operating on wifi channels in use by several other near

manvik
Level 3
Level 3

I am getting an error while connecting mobile devices to SSID. Setup is Cisco 5520 WLC with AP 1850 series.

Unable to join to the network. This network is operating on wifi channels in use by several other nearby networks. Restarting your wireless network may allow to automatically choose the best channel to use, and may resolve the problem.

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Is this related to a specific brand of mobile devices , or can it be seen with different models (too) ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

mostly Apple Mobiles

- Probably an IOS bug or problem in combination with cisco wireless, use latest IOS on the Apples.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I have never seen an error message like that on an Apple device.  Please share the screenshot.  

ssidjoin.jpg

screenshot. It's shown when connecting to an SSID after entering it's password.

That is customized error message. 

What happens if the SSID is configured with OPEN authentication?

i havent tested open authentication. It should work I feel base don previous experiences.

Currently using WPA2 password and MAC filtering.

Hi

This is for 2.4 or 5.0? Are you allowing all possble channel? Or are you manually restricting channels?

W

Either way, this feature does not make sense.wifi is about sharing channels. How many device does this feature will consider as accepted.  

it's for 5

WLAN layer 2 security config.

WLAN.JPG

I have enabled DCA too as below;

DCA.JPG

Were you able to resolve this issue?  I am having the same issue now in our environment. 

It's with encryption settings. We created a separate SSID with different encryption settings. Device got connected to that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: