Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue connecting to wireless printer at specific time

Hi Experts , 

I have one issue to troubleshoot wireless printer device.

Issue is :

One user is unable to give the print every monday at 5:00am-5:15am CET .So during this time the printer device goes unreachable from the source .Means ping from Source server to printer/scanner devices times out . This is the wireless printer associated with AP (cisco AIR-CAP2702E-E-K9). 

I know the IP and MAC address of the printer device .Can someone help me with the steps to investigate this issue from Network side .and also help me with the command which I can execute on the WLC cli. 

This printer may be the device used in billing .So at 5am this is the only guy available may be .So we do not have information whether other use it . But issue occurs at every Monday at 5am cet . 

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are any other users able to print?  Is this wireless printer going to sleep and not waking up?  There is no reason that you wouldn't be able to print during a certain time.  Seems like someone might be coming in a rebooting the printer or doing something so that it starts working at 5:15?  Seems like you need to investigate more, maybe have them reboot the printer in the morning, but that is up to you and what your troubleshooting leads you to.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I am going to check this live on coming Monday ..Incase if no manual intervension is done at this time then from Network side what all checks we can do to isolate this issue ?

May be I can do ping client Ip from WLC and see if its reachable nd check show logging and filter client MAC/IP and see what error logs I get .

I think you need to possibly work with the person and actually see what he/she is doing.  What I'm curios of, is what changes after 5:15 that makes it work, or is that something that they say and not really fact.  You should also check to see if the users device is a wired machine or a laptop which he/she brings home.  I have had similar complaints connecting to a network when the use comes in, and its because they don't shut down and just close their laptop lid and come to the office.  Their laptop doesn't try to refresh the ip address unless the device is refreshed, manual ip renew or after 10 minutes, the laptop refreshes the ip address.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Turn the printer's DST settings on (so the printer goes +1 hour) and see if the issue follows the printer's time.  

Rich R
VIP
VIP

And you should also consider the old cleaner story we've all heard before:
Does the cleaner come in and unplug the printer to plug in the vacuum cleaner every day/week at the same time?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card