Views
Helpful
Replies

IW9167E Heavy Duty Access Point in URWB mode

ANKUSH_SINGLA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we are trying to use IW9167E in URWB mode, i have couple of questions , pls extend help. we will be using these in P2P or P2MP 

1) do we have any tool to generate Predictive survey for to check line of site, adjust height ,select diff antennas to see coverage and throughput

2) do we have any config guide while will explain P2P and P2MP setup.

3) how devices will detect each other of they are on P2P or P2MP setup ?

there is not clean documents on Cisco which help to move forward with this.

Regards

Ankush Singla

6 Replies 6

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Have you been through the documentation?
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/wireless/ultra-reliable-wireless-backhaul/series.html#Reference

yes , i did go through documentations and listed out what i need but still has questions around it. i will try to get Cisco person to help us. but thanks though for sharing your views on it 

ammahend
VIP
VIP

1. its hard to simulate line of site, you have to do a physical survey with AP on stick to be sure. tools like ekahau can help.

2.  for rest of the info refer to the configuration guide, look at this link 

-hope this helps-

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

URWB does have a predictive tool, but as far as I know its limited to Cisco CX (that may have changed) its not done in Ekahau.

If you are a Cisco Partner there is some really good training available with video instruction. Someone who has done some URWB I highly suggest getting Cisco to help with your first deployment, its a little confusing in the setup

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Haydn, can you share the training link and tool link please. you may be talking about the mobile radio tool. 

also are you recommending not to ekahau because it does not take into account fresnel zone ? I thought since its same spectrum i can still use ekahau, to check signal strength between p2p and p2mp locations. I understand it does not support the antenna for predictive but I would imagine i can use it to AP on stick survey. 

-hope this helps-

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/training/training-services/courses.html#iot

HaydnAndrews_0-1700436523654.png

Reference the Tool, I never had a copy it was held by the Cisco Fluidmesh Teams

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card