Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from PI 3.7 to PI 3.10

CiaranB
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm in the process of migrating from PI v3.7 to v3.10. Because I've had a number of problems since moving from 3.3 to 3.7, I've decided to start a fresh and not try a backup and restore of the appliance to 3.10.

I've imported our maps, added our WLC and our 2500+ APs are all showing up fine in 3.10.  We have 35 non-registered APs still on the old PI 3.7. These APs are down for various reasons (building refurbs etc). How do I move these across? I sure it's something simple but I can't seem to see it.

thanks

Ciarán

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i am not much worried about the down AP, as long working on show in the map that help you.

when 30AP replaced or when they come to onboard i am sure you see them in PI, that time you can place them in the MAP (that is the best i can suggest).

since they no longer visible to you new install PI 3.10 - because of the Data.

Note : when you exported MAP from OLD 3.7 and and Imported to PI 3.10  that should have come along .

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just like what @balaji.bandi mentioned, you are fine.  The key thing is that your maps was imported after the controllers.  I believe you should see the ap placeholder on the map, so once the ap's join the controller, PI should add that to your inventory and you should see that ap on the map.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the responses. I think I wanted to add the disassociated APs into PI 3.10 as it was a useful way of tracking the APs that are still out of service, if that makes sense.

Anyway, we can keep track of them other ways.

Thanks again for your help

Ciarán

Can you post screenshot of 3.7 map and 3.9 map to seee ? (in related disassociated AP)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card