cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from WLC 2504 to Virtual Controller

Douglas Pereira
Level 1
Level 1

HI, I would like know how can I do a migration from WLC 2504 to WLC Virtual.
We will migrate the Access Points to, from 1140/1240 to 2700 model.

Thanks. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

"Do you know when doing migrating to FC if we have lost connection on Network? If yes, how many time for maintenance windows I´ll need?"

If you are running 8.0 or above on your 2504, then AP won't reboot when converting to FC. Otherwiese AP has to reboot during the conversion."

I would sugget you to test this out with one AP & familiar with all steps involve, then work out the total maintenance window required

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

I only replicate manually the configurations from one to other Controller.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Lots of more information would be necessary in order for someone here to give you a reasonable advise.

The botton line is very simple. Set up vWLC, reply the configuration from 2504 to vWLC, move APs.

Which specific doubt do you have?

Thanks for answer Flavio.

So I have 20 Access Points between 1140 and 1240 with WLC 2504, I need migrate all equipaments for Access Point´s 2700 with vWLC.

I have two ways:
1. Reconfigure all features from 2504 to vWLC, with 1140 and 1240 and migration from AP(1140/1240) to AP(2700);
2. Do a backup of 2504 and restore on vWLC with 1140 and 1240 and migration from AP(1140/1240) to AP(2700);

One friend adviser-me about the certificate on second option.

Douglas Pereira

vWLC only support FlexConnect mode APs, so you need to plan for FlexConnect mode conversions if APs currently are in local mode.

Since vWLC always recommend to deploy with FlexConnect local switching, you have to redesign your wireless with correct IP ranges to support it.

HTH

Rasika

Hi Rasika, thanks for answer.

I´m checking how migrate the AP to FC mode, this is it really the first step.
thanks a lot.

Do you know when doing migrating to FC if we have lost connection on Network? If yes, how many time for maintenance windows I´ll need?

Douglas Pereira

"Do you know when doing migrating to FC if we have lost connection on Network? If yes, how many time for maintenance windows I´ll need?"

If you are running 8.0 or above on your 2504, then AP won't reboot when converting to FC. Otherwiese AP has to reboot during the conversion."

I would sugget you to test this out with one AP & familiar with all steps involve, then work out the total maintenance window required

HTH

Rasika

I only replicate manually the configurations from one to other Controller.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: