cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"error while setting the configuration file encryption mode" while uploading IOS file or config file on Cisco WLC 5508

akgupt89
Level 1
Level 1

Getting "error while setting the configuration file encryption mode" while uploading IOS file or config file on Cisco WLC 5508 via TFTP server.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

akgupt89
Level 1
Level 1

There is bug issue in 8.2.1.29, so I upgraded to 8.3 via HTTP protocol. Post upgrading IOS able to upload config file to WLC via TFTP. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

1) What is the software version of the 5508 2) Is this the effective and or only error 'as displayed' or is something else shown ? 3) Does it work when another protocol-transfer method is being used (besides tftp), if available.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

1. version is 8.2.1.29.

2. I want to configure new hardware with backup file downloaded from other 5508 WLC but not working.

3. IOS upload work with HTTPS option but showing disable for configuration file upload.

>I want to configure new hardware with backup file downloaded from other 5508 WLC but not working.

- For the latter you may want to copy the config between the controllers without encrypting the source first.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

akgupt89
Level 1
Level 1

There is bug issue in 8.2.1.29, so I upgraded to 8.3 via HTTP protocol. Post upgrading IOS able to upload config file to WLC via TFTP. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card