cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

View the connected data rate of a Mesh backhaul link

cmcclinton
Level 4
Level 4

Is there anyway to see what the actual operating data rate/MCS/streams are for a connected Mesh AP?

Seems like something that would be useful to know before doing testing but I cant seem to find that information via 9800 CLI or GUI.

The show mesh backhaul command for an AP seems like a good place to start but all the bhrate shows is the configured value of auto, but what rate is being used?

show ap name AP-MAP mesh bhrate
show ap name AP-MAP mesh backhaul

Doing a linktest and looking at the results seems like the next obvious option but you have to manually select a data rate or MCS number and even then the result don't show details of actual data rate and spatial streams used.

Surely each MAP that is connected to a RAP has connected at its best data rate just like any WiFi client, why can't this be seen?

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-3/config-guide/b_wl_17_3_cg/m_mesh_ewlc.html
 >...

Using a Link Test on Mesh Backhaul

Use the following show command to verify the use of link test on mesh backhaul configuration:

Device# show ap name 1542-RAP mesh linktest data 7070.8bbc.d3ef        
380e.4d85.5e60 ==> 7070.8bbc.d3ef

- Change command parameters accordingly , 

Also have a look at the  show wireless profile mesh ....   
   commands in the document.

M. 

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card