cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 Wireless-AC/N Dual Radio Access Point with Single Point

mdds
Level 1
Level 1

We have been using this WAP since 2017.  Today I reset it back to its default settings.  The problem is that now I can't access it to configure its settings.  I don't see it on our home office network and don't know its IP address.  It's not responding to the original IP address.  I also tried a local address 10.0.0.1, but a different router is found.

Any ideas on how I can determine the IP address?  I've researched and tried everything I can think of, but haven't found the solution.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks..... MDDS

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Connect to a cisco switch or if already connected to a cisco switch use this command : show cdp neighbors detail 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you for your suggestion.  It was a bit obscure for me, and therefore, was not a solution.  Regardless, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Or plug into your laptop LAN port while running Wireshark then turn it on.

Hopefully you'll see it ARPing (or something else including CDP) and get the IP from that.

Then configure the LAN interface with an IP in the same subnet and you should be able to connect to it.

Thank you for your suggestion.  It was helpful, but I still couldn't locate the IP address of the AP.  The result...I gave up.  I had another high speed AP, an Asus, and I switched to it.

Interesting to note the Asus prints the IP address on the label with the model and serial number.  Quick and easy to access and configure.  Cisco should consider doing the same....

I appreciate that you responded and with information that was helpful.  I don't know why I couldn't locate the IP, but it's time for me to move on.  Thank you again.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card