cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where to enable management via wireless?

bbabbmcl4214
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a catalyst c9800 WLC and I was trying to manage it over the wireless network and can't. I can't find where to enable this or if it's something that has to be done via CLI or what. Most of my APs are in Flex-connect mode as well. 

It's running Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 17.03.04c. 

Where do I go or what do I do to enable management via wireless? 

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bbabbmcl4214
Level 1
Level 1

Found the answer on another thread. Not really in an intuitive spot. 

Configuration > Wireless > Wireless Global > enable Management via Wireless........ You'd think it'd be under Administration > Management.....

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bbabbmcl4214
Level 1
Level 1

Found the answer on another thread. Not really in an intuitive spot. 

Configuration > Wireless > Wireless Global > enable Management via Wireless........ You'd think it'd be under Administration > Management.....

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/guide-c07-743627.html

FYI Cisco best practice is to disable management over wireless.
You can still access the WLC via a WIFI connection if your connected to a VPN segment that allows access to the WLC

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you. I'm aware of that it's not recommended. Most of my deployment is flex-connect APs with local switching and ACL's on those switches prevent traffic from the VLANs/SSIDs to the WLC. The WLAN I'm accessing the WLC from is pretty secure, with 802.1x authentication. I feel it's fairly secure. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card