Views
Helpful
Replies

accessing admin exec mode

mac87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having a problem to access the admin exec mode of an asr 9000 which runs 6.5.

When I give the admin in exec mode it transfers me to 

RP/0/RSP1/CPU0:x1#admin
admin connected from 127.0.0.1 using console on x1
sysadmin-vm:0_RSP0# exit

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Smart licensing is the only licensing method in 64-bit eXR. cXR supports both traditional PAK based licensing and smart licensing.

See more details on how to manage licenses and register with the Cisco license server here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/asr-9000-series-aggregation-services-routers/200011-Smart-Licensing-on-the-ASR9000-Platform.html

Note HTTP will soon be deprecated and only HTTPS supported for the Cisco address, but HTTP will still be supported for satellite servers (where you have a server setup in your environment).

If you need help converting a traditional license to a smart license then I recommend contacting your account team or opening a case with licensing.

Thanks,

Sam

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is the admin exec prompt for eXR, it is different than cXR.

The reason it shows you transferring is that you are essentially SSHing between VMs, XR and sysadmin (formerly known as admin).

Thanks,

Sam

Hi,

thanks for your information! Would you mind giving me some information then how to e.g. upload a license, since in my case I see only the following

RP/0/RSP1/CPU0:x1#license ?
smart Smart Licensing
RP/0/RSP1/CPU0:x1#

Smart licensing is the only licensing method in 64-bit eXR. cXR supports both traditional PAK based licensing and smart licensing.

See more details on how to manage licenses and register with the Cisco license server here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/asr-9000-series-aggregation-services-routers/200011-Smart-Licensing-on-the-ASR9000-Platform.html

Note HTTP will soon be deprecated and only HTTPS supported for the Cisco address, but HTTP will still be supported for satellite servers (where you have a server setup in your environment).

If you need help converting a traditional license to a smart license then I recommend contacting your account team or opening a case with licensing.

Thanks,

Sam

Thanks for your input!

xhz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Sam,

hope you are dong well.

I got same situation,  looks if I enter Admin from RP0 at the begining, and once switch to RP1 side and enter Admin agaiin, it Kept the Admin from RP0 side, in this case how to make sure I can enter Admin into active RP admin prompt but not previous one? 

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:ios#admin

Fri Mar  1 00:46:24.737 UTC

Last login: Fri Mar  1 00:31:21 2024 from 192.0.4.4

cisco connected from 192.0.0.4 using ssh on sysadmin-vm:0_RP1

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This is expected behavior. The RP hosting sysadmin is not always the same as the XR active RP / RP you started from.

xhz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

got it, thanks Sam!