cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change deployed Phone Configs

pmoore
Level 1
Level 1

I see currently the phone configs are locked down and not accessable via web admin as they are deployed as part of the LVS system which is fine, the question will be is if changes are required how is this going to be achieved and configured, for example as I enquired about in a previous thread G722 is an advantage for the system and devices that use it but the codec preference will never use this facility as it stands so even internal calls won't take advantage of this, I would look to deploy with g722 being the preferred codec, we also use 20ms as the RTP packet size, standard cisco deployment is 30 so I would like to change that as well.

Possibly I am missing some documentation that explains this ? 

2 Replies 2

samuande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All configuration for the UC320 system and its attached phones is accomplished through a single management utility (the UC320 Configuration Utility).  We chose to do this to ease the process of both configuration and support.

Some parameters, like the ones you've mentioned, are not configurable through the Configuration Utility.  We'll take note of the ones you mention and consider whether we should expose them down the line. 

Thanks Samuel,

I see the advantages of an easy deployment and mangement setup and I really like what you have done with the web interface, this is a highly useable that makes ease of use and configuration for simple deploments and pretty easy for basic users, I do feel though you can enhance it with adding in perhaps more advanced config options for more advanced deployments... my 2 cents anyway