Views
Helpful
Replies

Device View Not Showing All Devices

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Team,

So far device view is only showing me the SG-300 Switch, even that took a very long time for it to appear in there, however it should also be showing me the two Access Points right?

Please see screen shots.

Is there any way to get it to also show the Cisco 887G possibly? I understand that FindIT was not made for these devices, but it would be good to know what other Cisco devices it can discover through CDP or LLDP maybe.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Actually, no, the WAPs will not be displayed.  This page is about managing the really about managing the switchports on the devices, so what you will see here is switches, routers that have a configuration API available (though there is an outstanding bug here which means they don't appear), and eventually the WAP351 which is an AP with a small, embedded switch.  The front panel of the regular WAPs is not really interesting, so we don't display it.

In principle the 887 should be displayed here since it has switchports, but we are not support any of the enterprise product range at the moment for a variety of reasons, so you won't see it displayed.

Cheers,
Dave.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Actually, no, the WAPs will not be displayed.  This page is about managing the really about managing the switchports on the devices, so what you will see here is switches, routers that have a configuration API available (though there is an outstanding bug here which means they don't appear), and eventually the WAP351 which is an AP with a small, embedded switch.  The front panel of the regular WAPs is not really interesting, so we don't display it.

In principle the 887 should be displayed here since it has switchports, but we are not support any of the enterprise product range at the moment for a variety of reasons, so you won't see it displayed.

Cheers,
Dave.

Thanks for that feedback Dave appreciate it :)

Could I recommend a cosmetics update on this page then?

It would be good to have information notices to the right of the pages as they are in general left as empty white spaces, in that section you could make notes such as the one you have made above, and it would prevent people from thinking something is wrong, and also give me more fluid information as to the section that I am in and what it does, the name "Network View" is somewhat deceptive if we work under any other assumptions without clarity such as the one you just gave.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

That's a reasonable request, and we do intend to try and add help information throughout the UI, though at this point, that probably won't make the first release.  It's not ideal, but adding it in comprehensively across the UI is a fair amount of work, and we are starting to get a bit short on time.  Right now, I'd prefer to have engineering focused on fixing bugs, but we'll see how we go once the bug count gets reduced a bit.

Cheers,
Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: