cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exporting configuration from old device to new

Andre Liverod
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer where I need to export all the configuration from the old Spam & Virus Blocker to a new one. How do I do this correctly? I get an error when I try to export the configuration file to the new one saying something about certificate errors. I also tried to FTP to the box and found all the config files in the configuration folder, can i just copy all these files over to the new one and im done ?

1 Reply 1

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Andre,

can you please verify that the following restrictions are met so that the configuration file can be loaded to the new CSVB?

- source and destination appliance must have the same AsyncOS release

- the configuration file is taken with passwords unmasked

I assume that the second point applies to you as masking the passwords will also mask the certificates.

> I also tried to FTP to the box and found all the config files in the  configuration folder,

> can i just copy all these files over to the new  one and im done ?

Yes you can, but it will not mean that the appliance uses the uploaded configuration file then. You still need to load the configuration file under GUI: System Administration -> Configuration File. FTP'ing the file to the appliance just provides you with the option to load the file directly from the appliance in the GUI rather than uploading it from your local computer.

Hope this helps. If not, please let us know.

Thanks and regards,

Martin