cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Initializing new configuration" hangs

crduklimited
Level 1
Level 1

Whilst trying to upgrade our UC320 firmware to 2.03 we encountered numerous problems.

The first upgrade attempt failed for unknown reasons. The Flash interface took the firmware file OK and rebooted the UC320 stating the upgrade was successful and to wait a few minutes for the login page to be presented. When the unit had rebooted the firmware was still 1.01.05 so we tried a factory reset to see if the firmware upgrade would work with a fresh configuration, but after the reset we were unable to get into the flash configuration. The login page loads fine and we can enter the credentials but we then get an "Initializing new configuration" popup that doesn't finish but remains seemingly indefinitely. We tried resetting the unit again and disconnecting all devices except the machine doing the upgrade, both to no avail.

We then decided to try upgrading the firmware through the /advancedpage interface which worked and the unit rebooted to the flash login page which reported version 2.03, but alas, after entering the default credentials again the problem remains; we are still presented with a permanent popup stating "Initializing new configuration". We have tried using IE8, Firefox 3 and Opera 11, all have the same problem.

This problem does not seem to have been affected by or related to the firmware upgrade itself nor has it been fixed by it. We're out of ideas of how to get back into the UC320. Is there any procedure or known workarounds for this?

Thanks

-Nick

4 Replies 4

azizk
Level 1
Level 1

Nick:

Thanks for your email. Please send me your address via email (azizK@cisco.com) and we will ship you another unit. Can you also ship me the unit that you are having the issues with promptly so that we can investigate. Please send it to my attention to the following address:

Mail Stop SJC19/4/3
3550 Cisco Way
SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA 95134
UNITED STATES

Thanks

Aziz

Hi Aziz,

I am considering upgrading to v2 on two of my market trials but I hesitate based on the release notes and Nick's post. I figured this would be a good place to post this. What kind of experiences are partners having with the new v2 firmware? I don't mind having to factory reset and then load in the cfg file, I'd prefer not to have to configure everything from scratch and rerecord prompts, but I could probably live with that too. What WOULDN'T fly is if I brick a box and need to wait for another one while the customer freaks out without phones.

Could you share what partners are experiencing? How many have upgraded, how those went, etc.?

Thanks!

-Danny

Danny:

We have completed a number of customer upgrades in the past couple of weeks and the upgraded customers are running version 2.0.3 in production successfully. Because this is a major version upgrade, we are recommending that you follow the process that we have outlined explicitly. Can you confirm that you have a spare UC320 unit available in your lab environment to prepare for the upgrade. If you do not have one, we can provide one to you.

Thanks
Aziz

I have an upgraded system running 2.0.3 (0).  Post-upgrade it is running fine, with the normal amount of Beta issues.  However, it definitely required a full re-build and reconfigure from factory defaults.

Just my experience.  YMMV.

- Ron

UC320 2.0.3 (0)

7x SPA504G

1x SPA301

4x FXO lines

1x SIP trunk

1x FXS device (fax machine)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: