cancel
Apresentações
Útil
Respostas

Cisco 3750 POE Swicth power Keeps on failing

Tharun
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco 3750 POE Switch power keeps on failing. It is connected to SMART-UPS AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulation). Server Rack has Earthing. But if there is any power fluctuation it's affecting only POE switch power unit with huge sound, so I am losing warranty. Is it possible to receive high power from CAT Cable? Please help me resolve this issue.

1 RESPOSTA 1

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Tharun ,

Check what I could find:

No longer confined solely to VoIP phones and security cameras, more types of powered devices are beginning to call for Power over Ethernet connections. And these devices are requiring higher power levels, too. Wireless Access Points, digital signage, videoconferencing systems and laptops are all increasing the amount of power running through cables. In fact, a new PoE standard, IEEE 802.3bt, supports up to 100W of power per cable.

But higher power levels running through a cable can cause performance issues – namely by making the cable hotter. And when the cable gets hotter, insertion loss increases. This escalates your chances of your business experiencing a productivity killer – downtime – and may also damage the cable itself.

I leave the link for more information:

https://www.belden.com/blog/smart-building/3-reasons-why-power-over-ethernet-demands-cat-6a-cable

I hope this can help you.

Regards