查看次数
有帮助
回复

Anyconnect Clientt upgrade

jh.duan
Level 1
Level 1

hello :

we are using the anyconnect secure mobility 4.5 while the server is asa5515,it will be upgraded to FRP-ASA-1120.

Considering different client software products,My question is if the secure mobility 4.5 can be upgraded to secure client 5.0 automatically when connecting to the FRP-1120.

of cource,we will upload the secure client 5 software to the FRP-1120.

1 个已接受解答

已接受的解答

Sorry, I didn't notice this bug beforeFrom my personal point of view, if the anyconnect version currently installed on the client is less than 4.5.00058 or greater than 4.5.05030, it should not be affected and should be able to be upgraded directly. (You can test it through asav simulation)

If the client installation version happens to be affected, there are three possible solutions:

- One is to manually upgrade to version 4.5.05030 or higher, and then upgrade to version 5.x via the web

- The second is to use two web automatic upgrades. First replace the pkg file on the VPN gateway with a version between 4.6-4.8, and upgrade the client first, so that you can directly skip version 4.5. Then replace the pkg of the VPN gateway with 5.x again, and upgrade the software versions of all clients to 5.x through a second web upgrade.

- The third method is to directly install the 5.x version by manually distributing the software package.

Options 1 and 3 require relatively more manual operations, and option 3 will be relatively simpler. Option 1 requires upgrading twice.

Option 2 requires fewer actions on the client, but upgrading twice in a short period of time is still a bad experience. If you use this solution, it is recommended to wait several months between upgrades.

----

之前没有注意到这个bug
个人观点,如果当前客户端安装的anyconnect版本小于4.5.00058或者大于4.5.05030应该是不受影响的,应该可以直接升级。(可以通过asav模拟测试一下)
如果客户端安装版本恰好受影响,可能有三种解决方法:
其一手动升级到4.5.05030版本或者更高,然后再通过web 升级至5.x版本
其二就是使用两次web自动升级。先将vpn网关上的pkg文件替换成4.6-4.8之间的版本,将客户端先升级一次,这样可以直接跨过4.5版本。然后再次将vpn网关的pkg替换成5.x,通过二次web升级的方式将所有客户端的软件版本升级至5.x
其三通过手动分发软件包的方式,直接安装5.x版本。

方案1,3需要人工的操作相对比较多,相对来说方案3会更简单一些。方案1中需要升级两次才可以。
方案2,需要客户端上执行的动作比较少,但是短时间内升级两次依旧是一个不太好的体验。如果使用此方案,建议两次升级间隔几个月

总的来说,如果当前版本受影响,那么升级的前提必然是要先规避掉这个问题。要么找一个中间版本过渡一段时间,要么按照bug的建议手动升级到修复版本,没有其他的太好的选择。(如果选择了手动升级,为什么不直接手动安装最新版本呢^.^)

在原帖中查看解决方案

4 条回复4

ilay
VIP
VIP

When connected to FP-1120, anyconnect can automatically complete the upgrade. it tested normally on windows 10/11

If you have windows7 or earlier system, it is recommended to manually install version 5.0 to test whether it can be used normally.

jh.duan
Level 1
Level 1

hello ilay:

it is always so kind of you,thanks for your quick response.

i still have a question that if the upgrade process will be influcened by the bug CSCvx76249:

Cisco Bug: CSCvx76249 - AnyConnect webdeploy upgrade from 4.5.x to 4.9.x fails

i mean if it is necessary that "Manually upgrade to 4.5MR5 (4.5.05030) before upgrading to 5.0"

i really appreciate your help.

duan

Sorry, I didn't notice this bug beforeFrom my personal point of view, if the anyconnect version currently installed on the client is less than 4.5.00058 or greater than 4.5.05030, it should not be affected and should be able to be upgraded directly. (You can test it through asav simulation)

If the client installation version happens to be affected, there are three possible solutions:

- One is to manually upgrade to version 4.5.05030 or higher, and then upgrade to version 5.x via the web

- The second is to use two web automatic upgrades. First replace the pkg file on the VPN gateway with a version between 4.6-4.8, and upgrade the client first, so that you can directly skip version 4.5. Then replace the pkg of the VPN gateway with 5.x again, and upgrade the software versions of all clients to 5.x through a second web upgrade.

- The third method is to directly install the 5.x version by manually distributing the software package.

Options 1 and 3 require relatively more manual operations, and option 3 will be relatively simpler. Option 1 requires upgrading twice.

Option 2 requires fewer actions on the client, but upgrading twice in a short period of time is still a bad experience. If you use this solution, it is recommended to wait several months between upgrades.

----

之前没有注意到这个bug
个人观点,如果当前客户端安装的anyconnect版本小于4.5.00058或者大于4.5.05030应该是不受影响的,应该可以直接升级。(可以通过asav模拟测试一下)
如果客户端安装版本恰好受影响,可能有三种解决方法:
其一手动升级到4.5.05030版本或者更高,然后再通过web 升级至5.x版本
其二就是使用两次web自动升级。先将vpn网关上的pkg文件替换成4.6-4.8之间的版本,将客户端先升级一次,这样可以直接跨过4.5版本。然后再次将vpn网关的pkg替换成5.x,通过二次web升级的方式将所有客户端的软件版本升级至5.x
其三通过手动分发软件包的方式,直接安装5.x版本。

方案1,3需要人工的操作相对比较多,相对来说方案3会更简单一些。方案1中需要升级两次才可以。
方案2,需要客户端上执行的动作比较少,但是短时间内升级两次依旧是一个不太好的体验。如果使用此方案,建议两次升级间隔几个月

总的来说,如果当前版本受影响,那么升级的前提必然是要先规避掉这个问题。要么找一个中间版本过渡一段时间,要么按照bug的建议手动升级到修复版本,没有其他的太好的选择。(如果选择了手动升级,为什么不直接手动安装最新版本呢^.^)

hello ilay:

i got it,thanks for your advice.

bestwishes!

duan

快捷链接