查看次数
有帮助
回复

look for help about the AIR-CAP3602E-C-K9 lost 802.11ac function

yangrongxue
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I'm having a problem with ap's not sending 802.11ac channels right now. We confirmed that ap's used to send normally.

WLC Model:5508.  WLC Version:8.2.151.0 

AP Model:AIR-CAP3602E-C-K9

I comfirmed the follow information

Country is correct

time and zone is correct

802.11a Network Status is enable but the AP detail information show the 11ac Supported as No

I can see the AP under 802.11a/n/ac RadiosAP Detail.png802.11a status.png11ac mode.pngRadios status.png

Could you please help me solve this problem, more information as picture.

many thanks

24 条回复24

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does the AP have the AIR-RM3000AC module installed?

Hi,

The answer is that there is no AIR-RM3000AC module and the AP uses the PPOE power from the switch.

For example, AP3-6 as an attachment, from switch_3.

switch_3.png

@yangrongxue wrote:

The answer is that there is no AIR-RM3000AC module

Without the AC radio module, the AP can only bond up to 40 Mhz channel width.  

Hi, Leo

Could you please tell me that which part should I change? Is there a risk in changing the bond to 40Mhz channel width.

e.g. software and hardware failure?

DCA.png

configure.png

  

The Cisco Aironet® 3600 Series sustains reliable connections at higher speeds further from the access point than competing solutions, resulting in up to three times more availability of 450 Mbps rates, and optimizing the performance of more mobile devices. Cisco® Aironet 3600 Series is an innovative, modular platform that offers unparalleled investment protection with future module expansion to support incoming 802.11ac clients with 1.3 Gbps rates, or offer comprehensive security and spectrum monitoring and control.

If you want to support 11ac , we need to bug CISCO AIR-RM3000AC-x-K9= 802.11ac Wave 1 Module for AP3600.

Modifying the bandwidth can increase a certain bandwidth, but it may increase the risk of interference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !

1657765955026.png

You can configure the band bandwidth in the "red box"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !

Hi,

Unfortunately, after this operation change, the device still cannot discover the 802.11a

@yangrongxue wrote:

Could you please tell me that which part should I change? Is there a risk in changing the bond to 40Mhz channel width.

What network environment is the AP in?  

Can the worst wireless client support 40 Mhz or not?  If the worst wireless client cannot/do-not support 40 Mhz then stay with 20 Mhz.  

There is nothing wrong with 20 Mhz because MIMO can do all the work.

hi, 

The AP working at Office area, so there is no interference.
The problem I am currently experiencing is that the device is not searching for 802.11a/ac

many thanks

@yangrongxue wrote:

The problem I am currently experiencing is that the device is not searching for 802.11a/ac

Wireless clients cannot see the 5.0 Ghz radio?  Is this the root of the problem?

If this, indeed, is the problem, does the wireless client even have a 5.0 Ghz radio?  Remember, the cheapest shonkiest wireless NIC will always have 2.4 Ghz radio.

Hi, 

Yes, correct.

Wireless devices can now only search for 802.11b/g, not 802.11a/ac. Include the laptop.

WiFi-Phone.png

Hi, Leo

I confirmed that the device support the 802.11a/ac, I can see the device online at different model AP

On the WLC, go to Monitor > All APs.

Pick an AP that is not broadcasting in 5.0 Ghz.  

Go to the Interfaces tab. 

Post the screenshot of the Interfaces. tab.

If that laptop is Windows-based, post the top screenshot of the command "netsh wlan show drivers".

Hi, Leo

I can see the detail of ap show up the 11ac support as no, and the laptop show connect with 802.11n

and I confirmed that before I can search for 802.11a/ac through this ap 

interfaces.png

details.png

netsh_2.png

netsh_1.png

   

快捷链接